Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2009

and then there is me...

I was born on November 28th 1962. Mom told me once that when she was pregnant with me she had cravings for those cans of spagghetti and ravioli... I love pasta to this day and it is one of my favourite foods (next to chocolate, of course!).


I inheritted a hip ailment from mom's side of the family. Her mother had the defect (but in her left hip), I have it in my right.
Mom also had a variation of it, but to a much lesser degree, in that she didn't have to have a hip replacement till she fairly old.
I had to have mine when I was 6. I was in the hospital for approximately 6 months while the doctors did what they did.
This is a photo of me playing with some toys in the hospital bed. (Which incidentally was bed #7 - my favourite number!)


I graduated from Mission Secondary School in 1980... here I am in my grad dress with Antoon and dad.
I was easy to spot on the stage - I was the only one wearing a dark colour... but I picked out the material myself and mom made my dress. Later, Sylvia reworked the dress and made it into a long skirt and used the left over material (which had some lovely beadwork mom had done) into a matching purse.
I still have both.


Mom and dad got me interested in the Scouts - here I am with mom & dad at an awards dinner where dad got his Bar to the Medal of Merit.
This is just about my favourite picture of all time (so far at least).


And here is a recent photo of me and my favourite sister-in-law, Loretta. She is like a sister - I am SOOOOO glad Robert married her!



1 comment:

  1. I love these photos too! Your grad dress was so pretty! I don't think I've ever seen that purse...And you really ARE my favourite sister in law! You don't have any other sister in laws, at least not yet. You're deprived but you never know what Antoon and Wim might get up to. I think of that hike to Wells Grey Park a lot. It was such a beautiful day; one of the high lights of my summer!

    ReplyDelete