Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Family Tree - Grandparents

On my dad's side my grandparents are Hubert Houben and Theodora (nee Vestjens). Grandpa Hubert was born July 2nd 1885. He married Theodora on January 10th 1910 and they had 12 kids:
Johannes (Jan), Gerardus (Sjra), Josephus (Sef), Maria (Mia),

Arnoldine (Dientje), Leonard (Leo), Piet, Hendrik (Harry), who was hit by a truck & died when he was 5, Elisabeth (Lieske), Petronella (Nelly), Antoon (my dad), and Josephine (Jo).


Grandma Theodora was born on January 28 1888 and died young, on September 21 1945.


Here are a few pictures of both of them.









Grandpa Houben did come over to Canada to visit mom & dad when they were living in Kitimat.


He stayed quite a while and tried to fish - but never caught anything.


Here is a picture of him with my eldest sister Merina.

He died on June 23rd 1959.













2 comments:

  1. Margaret, I love all the old photos! Cool. I'm so pleased I visited your grandparent's graves in Heerlen in 2007, and helped Aunt Jo to clean it up. It was a really interesting experience. I wish I lived close to Heerlen, as Aunt Jo is the only one who maintains the graves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, it's been 4 weeks since you updated your blog. I hope to see more new "old" photos soon! Hope all is well at your end.

    ReplyDelete