Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Dreams are funny things....

Yesterday, June 1, was mom's birthday, so I guess it was fitting that I dreamt about mom last night.
The dream started of silly enough (as most dreams do) with me trying to get to the chiropractor's office which had moved to a totally strange place and turned out to be closed when I got there.  Then mom showed up and got in the car with me (with her the driver) and said she wanted to go somewhere special.
We arrived at a location that had some tall, office like buildings and nice landscaping.  One building had what looked like a large bay window showing bookshelves with all sorts of interesting books.  Mom said this was the place, opened up the window (dreams - what can you expect!) and we both managed to squeeze into the small space.  The window closed and the whole thing went down like an elevator.
When it stopped, it opened out to a huge 2-story high room lined with ceiling high bookshelves filled with books of all sizes and descriptions, and lots of people of all ages wandering about.  Mom went off in one direction (probably looking for craft books), and I in another.
I wandered through several rooms, ending up with two that I distinctly remember.
The second to last room was barely lit at all, had a bunch of (mostly) kids in it, and they were about to watch a movie.  In this room the shelves were full, but mostly with all sorts, sizes and colours of bottles.  I sat down to see what the movie would be.  Turned out to be one of the Harry Potter movies.  Having seen all of them... I got up and left through a curtain, behind which was another door to the last room.
Here were the expected books again, but also some commotion, as there was a small dog chasing a cat, and several kids and adults running after both the dog and cat.  I patted the dog, which distracted it long enough for the cat to get away, then looked around to see if  I could find a book to read.
Instead of a book, I noticed a strange object jutting out from one of the walls.  The object was covered in a cloth that sort of looked like a Persian rug, but was very thin like silk.  The object looked remarkably like the snout of something.....  I went over to it to examine it and stroked the cloth (it was very pretty, but now that I'm awake, of course, I can't remember the exact design) and the 'snout' moved!
It turned out it was the nose of a dragon that was behind the wall, and he could only just get his nose into the room.  I awoke around that point, in the middle of giving the dragon a very good nose-rub (and he was purring).
Of course, when I was properly awake, Cleo (my puss) was beside my pillow, purring, so I guess that's where that part of the dream came from.
All in all, a very nice dream - thanks mom, for leading me to a friendly dragon!

1 comment:

  1. Margaret, that is hilarious! It means you miss your dear mom, of course, and you love books, and you are a kind cat woman. How very neat to dream of Mum...I thought of her yesterday too. She would have been 94. I still miss her so much, so I know you must miss her exceedingly more.

    ReplyDelete