Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

2 days to Christmas...

Well, this Christmas is turning out pretty good I think.  My boss, Al, gave me a turkey, some butter and a huge block of cheddar cheese for Christmas, as well as a wrapped present.  I got (and gave) presents to my two other co-workers, Lisa and Jill. 
I bought Wim a new pair of boots (and already gave them to him as his were starting to fall apart), and dad a lovely warm cap with flaps to cover his ears.  I also got dad a small box of sugarless Purdy's hedgehogs which he'll get on Christmas Eve.
Poor Cleo, she's very disgusted with the weather.  She keeps meowing to be let out, but takes one look outside and comes right back in.  I think she's looking for the door to summer!
Tomorrow, Friday that is, I'll take the turkey out of the freezer to thaw.  I'll be cooking it on Saturday.  We'll also be having, yams, beets, a garden salad, potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce.  Dad and Wim don't care for stuffing, so we won't bother making that.
For dessert, I've make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, speculaas (dutch spice cookies), and fudge.
I know we'll have plenty of leftovers for Sunday if Sylvia, Antoon and Merina (and Liz if she comes) decide to stay for supper.  For Sunday I'm making another dessert. I've picked up some chocolate shells which I will fill with milk chocolate pudding, topped with a marachino (gah - how do you spell that!) cherry.  Yum!
My next several posts will have pictures of various things and events from the last few months.  (I finally got around to downloading all the pictures off my camera - there were over 300!)

No comments:

Post a Comment